View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 06:35 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
The Islanders require CHEAP top 6 talent. Now whether Nino is that guy our not is still a question but we would be stupid to dump him for a short term fix who will cause havoc to our salary structure.

As I said above the Islanders won't trade Nino for table scraps, now if a team comes calling wanting Nino badly and offer us a player who can be a key part of our team both this year and many years to come who has a reasonable contract, I am pretty sure Snow will listen.
Agreed. In the case that Nino is traded, I would think Snow would package him along with other assets to acquire a high impact positional player that would fit with the core. Snow is proving that he's not an idiot GM like Milbury, so he's not going to sell low on anyone. He reportedly shot down all low ball offers for Okposo and Nino during the season. Patience paid off in Okposo's case. It's not a stretch to think that he won't do the same for a former top-5 pick whose development is back on track. Oh yeah, he doesn't turn 21 until mid-September.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote