Old
10-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyRoy View Post
Sup fellow Hab fans. Been reading this board for a while and I'm glad I finally decided to join up. I'm a 19 year old student at Vanier and I'm in my final semester ready to start University in the winter. I'm interested in going into Political Science. Everythng I've heard though, is that Concordia's program (or entire Science department) is crap. It's only good to go to CU for Business. I'd love to go to McGill, but I doubt I have the grades. My 3 choices for programs are Business, Psychology or Poli Sci.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I'm in the John Molson School of Business at Concordia after I had applied and gotten accepted in business at both Concordia and McGill.

If you ask anyone who knows what they're taking about and isn't biased because they attend McGill, they will tell you Concordia is the better place to be for business. Overall, McGill is the better and more known school, but Concordia is an emerging top university in terms of its business program.

But don't kid yourself either. CEGEP is a joke. If you found yourself working hard to get a 25 CRC, then perhaps Business is not the right field for you right away. Business at Concordia requires A TON of hard work. You really need to buckle down and focus on studies once there. I had a 31.5 CRC at Dawson, and the workload was a real shock to me when starting my first semester at Concordia last fall. Now in my second year, I've adjusted to it, but it's still not easy.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote