Thread: Proposal: Colorado - Chicago
View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 08:43 PM
ThatAvsGamer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
Dont be so sure... If we draft a center we would have 4 really good centers. Duchene (who isnt going anywhere), Staz, ROR, and our new draftee lets say Mack.

If we trade Staz and attempt to get a top 4 dman for him...that leaves us with Duchene , Mack, and ROR. ROR is going to make 6.5 mil this year and that is far too much for a 3rd line center, but Mack is defensively inferior to ROR and thus ROR gets the defensive zone starts and becomes more of a 3rd line c instead of a 2a, 2b situation.

Trading Staz for a defensively sound center and then trading ROR for a dman would probably be the way to go as ROR would bring back a better return defensively.

Just a possible solution to gaining ground on our defense since we dont seem to be taking Jones.

I'd rather just keep O'reilly, he might be getting paid lots of money but Mack (if we pick him) won't be getting paid big money for his first couple years. Also paying 16-18m for 3 centers isn't that bad. And i'd rather not fill in a hole in Chicago's (a now divisional rival) while not filling any of our own holes. The downgrade from Stastny to Bolland isn't attracting me at all either.

As for the bolded. That is exactly why we don't need another center.

Last edited by ThatAvsGamer: 06-20-2013 at 08:50 PM.
ThatAvsGamer is offline   Reply With Quote