View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Look at the 2010 team. Where else would you allocate that money? Give me a break.

And don't you dare say goaltending. We would not have magically found a goalie had we not signed Briere.
Like I said already, I wasn't a major fan at the time of the Briere signing and I have a very bad memory. I can't say with confidence who they would have signed. I'm also not Nostradomus. However, in the several year time-span before that run I'm sure there would have been somewhere it could have been put to good use. Also, the cap space isn't isolated to our one Cup run year. If it were spent elsewhere there's nothing saying we couldn't have made a run another year.

Neither are you Nostradomus for that matter. There's nothing saying that 6.5 million dollars in free cap space could've been spent somewhere better elsewhere and we could have made another run just as good as that one or have actually won the Cup rather then just coming close. I'm not Nostradomus either so I can't say with certainty that that would have happened, but you can't say with certainty the inverse either.

However, it is a fact that in his six regular seasons with us he was injury filled for one of them and only did well, relative to his cap hit and salary, in two of the six and his career high in points with us is only 72 points. I don't know about you but I expect better then that for 6.5 mil cap hit on a long-term deal.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote