View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 09:37 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
No. We're focusing on that year because it effectively blows a massive hole into the premise of your argument.
You two are talking about different years. You're talking about our Cup run, he's talking about the year we signed him.

Quote:
Seriously? Few things in the NHL are certain, but I can tell you for a fact that Briere's 30 point performance was the largest reason that we made it that far. Without him, we don't sniff the SCF. Tell me what would have been better had we not had Briere.
You're still missing the point completely by fixating on one year. What's to say that, with 6.5 mil in cap space, we couldn't have signed someone or some other people to make a run in any of the other five seasons Briere was here? It's not like that one Cup run year we had is the only year we were allowed to compete.

Quote:
Who would we have been able to pursue that we weren't able to pursue? Can you think of anyone? I know your memory is bad, so I'll help you out. No one. We still pursued each and every player we would have liked to pursue.
I'm sorry I can't remember six seasons worth of transactions, free agents, and interest in players. Can you?

So you're saying that it's unlikely that in the entirety of six seasons there isn't a possibility that the money couldn't have been better spent elsewhere. Six seasons.

Quote:
Oh, god. Not this. To win the Cup, you need a whole lot of luck. This "Cup or FAILURE!!!" mentality is just so devoid of logic.
Again missing the point. The point I'm making here is that the ultimate goal is the Cup and with Briere, with signing him, we didn't win it. So why not, if we were allowed to reverse time, try it without him and 6.5 mil in free cap space for six seasons?

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote