View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 09:00 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
For Briere, yes. Briere wasn't a number one two-way d-man anchor on this team though and there also weren't two d-men better then Timonen on our team at any point. Timonen was also effective every season whereas Briere was not.
But can you tell me that we couldn't have spent that 6.3m more effectively had we not signed Timonen? Maybe we could have had a better defender! You have to be consistent. If you use what ifs for Briere, you gotta use them for Timonen, too, no matter how good he's been.

That's your argument. And it doesn't make much sense. Both Briere and Timonen put us in a better chance to succeed than had they not been signed. I have Briere's post season records to prove my point. You have dreamy "what if" scenarios to prove your point. In your hypotheticals, it's pretty damn easy to say, "We could have done better than Briere". Well, we still acquired Pronger while Briere was on the books. We still offered contracts to Parise and Suter while Briere was on the books. We still offersheeted Weber while Briere was on the books.

How much did Briere really get in the way of if we still did all that?

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote