View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 09:01 PM
hockeyjack89
R.I.P. Thrashers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortSideFlick View Post
First off, I'm far from knowledgeable when it comes to Nashville, nor do I know the willingness or lack there of to trade the 4th OA. With that out of the way, if Barkov was available at the 4th OA I'd love to make a move for it.

If NSH doesn't want to move down very far in the draft and/or they don't see a need for Gardiner due to their defensive depth, there's been a lot of Gardiner for 7th overall discussion going on around here. Fans on both sides like it and hate, which is promising by HF standards lol. It's very hypothetical (like any proposal on here), if you want to debate it, please go to one of those threads. For this thread, please assume it IS possible and leave it at that.

TOR:
Gardiner OR 7th pick via trade with Edm
Grabo (with salary retained)
pick #21 OR Frattin+our 2nd
rights to MacArthur

NSH:
4th OA

I think Gardiner would be great with Weber, but I also know NSH has lots of good D prospects, so this deal is dependent on how you feel about your prospects ability to move into the top pairing with Weber.

I'm not sure if you have a use for Grabo or not, but in another thread fans of several teams said they would be interested in him with some level of salary retention, so I do think he has value this way. If he's not a fit for you, another piece could possibly be substituted.

I read somewhere (sportsnet or tsn i think) that Macarthur was someone NSH should look at targeting as a UFA, so I figured throwing his rights in would be a nice sweetener. I'm not consider it a major piece or anything, just something that appears to be a good fit and could give them a jump on negotiating with him plus show a higher level interest than others to help sway Mac.

Is there something here, and if so what changes would need to be made? What other pieces on Toronto would NSH be interested in?

If I'm Nashville, I definitely accept this deal!!

hockeyjack89 is offline   Reply With Quote