Thread: Proposal: Colorado - Chicago
View Single Post
Old
06-20-2013, 10:34 PM
chet1926

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
LOL. So would every Colorado fan on earth.

That would be great, but Chicago wouldn't do it.
Why not Chicago has lots of great players already, Stastny would give them two insane lines.

The only players on Chicago that would make any sense for Colorado to trade Stastny for would be either a dman like Leddy or Hammer or winger that would be capable of top 6 minutes like Saad.

There isn't really much for Chicago to trade if they want Stastny. They aren't going to trade any of Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Bickell, Keith, Seabrook, Shaw.

Realistically the only players of any quality they'd even consider giving up would be Stalberg but he is a UFA we could try to sign him if we want him, Bolland but he is a center which the Avs don't need, Leddy, Hammer, Saad and those 3 I'd assume would take an over-payment. I guess you could look at Chicago's prospect pool but its pretty weak right now in positions the Avs need (defense and wingers).

So my conclusion from all of this would be that Chicago and Colorado wouldn't be good trading partners. Because we aren't going to give away Stastny for parts we don't really need (especially to a division opponent) and Chicago won't give us the players or player we'd want.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote