View Single Post
Old
06-21-2013, 12:35 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Articles like this is why I have trouble taking the Eskimos, or Kavis Reed seriously these days.

It reads like a troll piece designed to frustrate. Thanks Norm Cowley, must be a slow news day.

http://www2.canada.com/edmontonjourn...d-14b63d4bfe94

This quote is beyond comprehension:

Quote:
"Those guys have done well in terms of making certain we don't have to change our offensive play-calling when they're in the game," he added.
Both Lampley, who totalled more than 1,000 yards in both kick-returns and as a receiver during his college career at the University of Southern Mississippi, and White, the only U of Utah running back to gain 1,000 rushing yards in back-to-back seasons, got a chance to play in the Eskimos' first exhibition game last week against the Saskatchewan Roughriders but only had three carries each (Lampley for two yards, White for no yards).
Edmonton ran 15 times for 66 yards in that game, however all but five of those yards were by the quarterbacks.
Anybody that watched the game would know that Lampley and Lewis were completely useless waterbugs getting squished into the turf anytime they touched the ball. They got a combined 5yds rushing in the game. We had NO RUSHING ATTACK in the game save for some desperate scampers from chased QB's. WE passed almost exclusively in the game after apparently realizing that we had no running game in sight. What on Earth is Reed saying or thinking here? I wish somebody could explain it me because it hurts to read it that Reed thinks this is going to go well as a balanced attack. Idiot.

We have 3 scamper RB's, all around 180lbs, 5ft8, not a powerback in sight, and not one guy that will be able to bounce off tackles or run through blocks very successfully. We got Charles and not much else in the backfield. We got rid of Messam and Boyd last year "who we didn't need" and we're left with this collection of pint sized midget RB's. For a "honed balanced attack"

This is funny too. Hugh Charles on being an Esks RB:

Quote:
"Being a running back isn't just running the ball," said Charles, a six-year CFL veteran who didn't dress for the first game. "It's also catching and being able to block. Pass protection is crucial in this league. We only have three downs and we have to be able to protect our quarterback, so the coaches are looking for an all-around running back.
"Even if you're running the ball, you may only get one or two yards, or you may only get five carries and maybe two yards. They're not looking for the yardage.
This is like a Horcoff quote. "its not just about points and scoring, its about working hard, playing your man, playing hard, did I say that? and you know, having the right attitude"

WEll that settles it then, no wonder Reed was completely satisfied with the 5yd total "running game" from his RB's last week. That impressed him...

Jebus Charles your primary job is making yds if you don't do it I don't know where its coming from.

Holy ****. Wake me when the carnage is over.

Last edited by Replacement: 06-21-2013 at 12:43 AM.