View Single Post
Old
06-21-2013, 12:36 AM
Waffle Fries

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDangles View Post
As a Pens fan I would be on board for a 1 for 1 swap for Bennett. I can't see Fleury lasting another year and buying him out would ease our cap situation significantly and allow us to keep Tanger. I might be in the minority about Bennett, but scoring goals isn't the problem for us right now. We need consistency between the pipes and holes filled on defense first and foremost.
You are

Bennett brings something to our top six that our other wingers don't. He is a great playmaker, and asides from being our only winger prospect, he's also our only winger that can create offense on his own. We need what he brings in the top six, especially his $900,000 caphit, more than anything else. Paying 900k for a top six winger instead of $4m+ gives us the $3.5m to pay for Letang's extension as it is. (Also being that we scored two goals in four games, I'd say that offense might be a bit of a problem)

Of course I'd love to acquire Bernier, but I don't think we are good trading partners since we don't have any forwards to spare (unless they want Kennedy's rights, which is completely unlikely) and we also don't really have any draft picks. And Shero has already declared he's giving Fleury another chance anyways, so it's a moot point.