Old
06-21-2013, 01:12 AM
First round bust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
You havent been following him.....

Strong rookie year had a veteran to play with

2nd year vet leaves as a UFA and a ton of pressure on him at 19 as a 1st line Dman. Sophomore slump to start, but then got better and played great in the playoffs.

3rd year has an injury early in the season...was out about 6 weeks. Played strong at the end of the season

last year....had a poor start. He played in europe and got injurred with a high ankle sprain so because of the lockout he didnt get the training and conditioning so he wasnt nowhere near 100% to start the season plus the compressed schedule just wore on him. After sitting a few games he came back much better. Then ended the season on an injury.

Another factor through all of this was Ruff who wanted to play in a way that just isnt his style....on top of that put pressure on him over the years. Ruff is notoriously not good with young players and their development.
Actually you are assuming I don't follow him, my roommate is a huge sabres fan so I end up watching more than I want to. I just don't have as high an opinion of him as you obviously do, I didn't make the proposal, I am just not high on him IMO he's had enough time to try and duplicate the rookie year.

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote