06-21-2013, 03:05 AM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Beauchemin-Shattenkirk
Lindholm-Fowler
Allen-Vatanen

Hopefully find someone to dump Souray on.

Sounds good to me...
Lindholm has in no way proven he's ready to play 2nd pairing minutes alongside Fowler yet. Penciling in a 19 year rookie to that spot is asking to fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
39 points in 57 games was on pace for 55 points over a full season.

48 in 76, he may not have hit 55 points but it was his sophomore season on a terrible Blues team

34 in 49 he was on pace for 56 points over a full season but he got injured due to falling while holding a player back and hurt his ankle

54 in 80. One point, one goal is the difference of Oshie never having a 20 goal season or 55 point season.

And this season he went 20 in 30 which would be on pace for 55 points over a full season.

Oshie is literally a perfect 2-way 2nd line winger. No one is saying Bobby Ryan doesn't put up more numbers than Oshie, but Oshie is definitely more defensively responsible than Ryan is and can still be counted on for 50 points (happy I didn't put 55?) for a full season.
I'm not disputing he's a perfect 2 way 2nd line winger - I was just informing the poster who claimed he was a 55-65 point winger that he in fact isn't even on the lower end of that scale yet.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote