Thread: Advice: Off season workouts
View Single Post
Old
06-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Thesensation19*

vCash: 500
For any form of athletics and fitness I would just like to suggest for everyone to include weight lifting. At least by the time you are 16/17.

This does not mean go to the weight room and divide your muscles into groups in which to do at this time or that day. Try to spend 45 minutes attacking your full body through compound exercises.

Focus each day on one/two of the major work outs, which are: Deadlift, Squat, Clean and Jerk, Snatch, Bench Press, Pull up. Choose which ones to do on what day, dont be afraid to do two but be smart in your planning. These will serve as your main dish.

Add in some side dishes but rather than going to the gym and doing lateral lifts, leg extensions, bicep curls. Replace them respectively with pushpresses, lunges, chin-ups. For some added cardio during this session, instead of devoting 20-30 minutes on a treadmill/bike use a row machine for 1000-2000m or jump rope in between weighted training sets.

Like I said, try to spend your 45 minutes of devoted time to strength training to compound exercises.

I found it more useful, more effective, more efficient and more importantly more fun doing exercises like the clean and jerk or deadlift. Add it in with some pull ups, back extensions, high jumps, row machine, dips.

Some days I work on slow, steady, focused movements... other days I go hard and intense.

The more intense and faster I want to hit my work outs, the lower the sets but higher the reps I pull off.

All in all, its all about focus, preparation and form.

Thesensation19* is offline   Reply With Quote