View Single Post
Old
06-21-2013, 09:21 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Lundqvist and Biron have both gone on record this week supporting Torts and saying they were not looking for a coaching change.

I think another poster on here has it right. A bunch of good coaches became available this summer and Sather couldn't resist but jump into the coaching free agent frenzy. I'd wager Torts talking publicly about the lack of depth (that Sather traded away) was the straw that broke the camel's back.
words are cheap. deeds are precious.

of course they will say that. no one wants to see a guy get fired. especially if the team underperformed and failed to attain their goal. good soldiers do the right thing when it comes to on the record press stuff.

in the end however, it was obvious to me that this team was no longer responding to torts. his days were numbered. this team was dog tired of trying to win games playing the way torts demanded. and hank, most of all, was probably sick of getting 2 goals a night max to play with. without hank this season, we lose alot more games.

torts can only coach one way. period. he cant change nor was he interested in trying to adapt.

whether slats saw it or cared, is up for discussion. but to me, when those interviews came and key players let it be known that the team had tuned him out, slats had to let torts go.

and to your point about any supposed lack of depth, i still contend that torts was in on every deal. he and slats constructed this team the way he wanted it. a team full of grinding forwards who played a defensive game first.

boring. ineffective. noncreative. listless. reactive. losing. hockey.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote