Thread: Advice: Off season workouts
View Single Post
Old
06-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Thesensation19*

vCash: 500
Do not get me wrong though with this focus on compound full body work outs. I sometimes put in split routines depending on situation (usually later on in the day though).

And I am not all about the weight room. I try to incorporate gymanstics and plyometrics and field work.

My ideal work out is something like this:

10-15 minute warm up of jump rope/jumping jacks, dynamic stretching, burpees, kicks and punches maybe some bike work or row machine time also.

Now is my 45 minutes of strength and conditioning.
I will start with one of the big exercises. Like a deadlift. I do about 5 sets. Included in it is a warm up set 10xish, 50% load 8xish, 75% 6-8xish, 80-90% 4-6x. I stay at that load and do about 1 or 2 reps for 3 to 5 sets. Then I go back down in similar fashion. 70% 5x. 50% 5x and maybe even again.

(I like to work on my max power by repeating a high load several times at very low reps but in the end I try to make sure I work on high reps to keep up my muscle and joint speed)

Depending on how I feel I will probably add in a squat routine. 5x. The other day when I did it though I did clean and jerks. I basically do the same thing but the loads are far differ than the squats. I rather do a load I can do properly 10x than a load I only do once properly and fake the others.

So I would probably do something like a back squat. Warm up set of 20% max. set of 10 40% max. Set of 8-10 60% max. Set of 5 80% max. Maybe try that again. Or go back down in similar fashion.

After that I would probably do pull ups, or include a set of max pull ups in between squat sets.

In between each set is no more than a minute but typically try to get it to be 30-45 second range. Squats to pull ups have no rest, but to restart the super set I would give myself at least 30 seconds.

I then do some back extensions. 3-5 sets of 8-10 reps. Depending on how I feel I will apply loads of 25-45 pounds.

I then add in some dips. 3 sets of 12 reps. Maybe add in some added weight.

Then I do lunges. 2-3 sets of 10 reps.

Nothing more than a minute in between each work out. Nothing more than 30 seconds in between each set.

Then I get a swiss ball and work on core. Look up Marv Marinovich and you will find a lot of swiss ball exercises I like to add in. Sometimes I even make it my warm up if i have everything I need.

If I can, I will finish up with some push ups, hand stands and then cool down with some light kicks, some light boxing or even go into a pool and just relax for a bit. Light swimming.

Have something to eat. Full of protein, light on carbs, full of amino acids and foods that will recover me the best. And stretch for at least 20 minutes.

Foam Roller

Thesensation19* is offline   Reply With Quote