View Single Post
Old
06-21-2013, 09:47 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
Does he play small? Does he play like Streit/Markov, or more like a Kronwall? He racks up some PIM so I assume he mixes it up a little bit. We don't need big hitters, but we don't want someone soft either.

How is his defensive awareness and positioning?

Like I said, I know very little about the WHL, I follow the OHL pretty closely so i'm eager to see what he's like.
Morrissey definitely doesn't play small. He's one of the best open ice hitters and can throw a hip check real well.

In terms of defensive awareness and positioning, his defensive awareness is superb. The problem with positioning is that he can be a little to aggressive at times (both offensively and defensively), but that's something that can be addressed rather easily. As he matures, he'll pick his spots better.

He had a fantastic U18 tournament and I know the Flyers scouts pay a lot of attention to that tournament. Personally, I hope that Morrissey is the guy they draft. Gut feeling says that the defenseman they draft is either Rasmus Ristolainen (who I also think is a very, very, very good defenseman) or Samuel Morin (he has all the tools to be a great defender, but he's probably about 5 to 6 years away from making a real impact).