View Single Post
Old
06-21-2013, 10:00 AM
StoneHands

vCash: 2425
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Morrissey definitely doesn't play small. He's one of the best open ice hitters and can throw a hip check real well.

In terms of defensive awareness and positioning, his defensive awareness is superb. The problem with positioning is that he can be a little to aggressive at times (both offensively and defensively), but that's something that can be addressed rather easily. As he matures, he'll pick his spots better.

He had a fantastic U18 tournament and I know the Flyers scouts pay a lot of attention to that tournament. Personally, I hope that Morrissey is the guy they draft. Gut feeling says that the defenseman they draft is either Rasmus Ristolainen (who I also think is a very, very, very good defenseman) or Samuel Morin (he has all the tools to be a great defender, but he's probably about 5 to 6 years away from making a real impact).
So would my Kronwall comparison be a decent projection? Around 6'0" 190-195. Solid defensively and a good open ice hitter that sometimes takes him out of position. Around 40-45 points a year.