View Single Post
Old
06-21-2013, 11:30 AM
Broad Street Elite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
So would my Kronwall comparison be a decent projection? Around 6'0" 190-195. Solid defensively and a good open ice hitter that sometimes takes him out of position. Around 40-45 points a year.
As long as you don't expect the same caliber of kitting that Kronwall is notorious for. Morrissey can and will hit, but expecting him to be mentioned in the same breath as open ice hitters like Kronwall and Stevens is asking a little much.

Offense, defense, size, etc... Kronwall is a reasonable Morrissey comparison.

The other "knock" on Morrissey is that he hasn't actually produced at a level equal to his skill likely because he is a younger player in Juniors terms and hasn't developed physically as one might expect he will next season. Morrissey is also a guy that is on the longer end of distance from the NHL due to physical immaturity. Think 2016-2017 as an early debut timeline. As I always caveat when talking about Morrissey around these parts (as BCF is lurking), I love Morrissey... would be happy if we selected him, but am a little more centrist in my view of him relative to the players mentioned in the same breath (Pulock, Zad). I'm higher on Nurse and Risto, lower on Morin.