View Single Post
06-21-2013, 11:42 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Meh. We heard from a Vancouver fan in some detail that he's pretty much similar to Bylsma in a lot of ways. Not convinced he'd be any better. You need a real change. Tippett would've brought that but we knew that wasn't happening... is what is.
I live in Vancouver (gotta change that location in my profile, dammit!), so I'm very familiar with him.

Vigneault would have been much better. He's a very creative tactician. With the tools he would have had in Pittsburgh, he could have done some very cool things. His special teams have pretty much always been very good. He gets a lot out of star players. He's a master of matching lines. The main complaints about him are the same complaints that everyone has about their head coach (doesn't play young players enough, is finicky with lines, etc.). At the very worst, Vigneault would not have been worse than Bylsma. And it's very possible that he could have been better. That's the most perplexing thing to me about why we didn't appear to take a serious look at him.