View Single Post
Old
06-21-2013, 01:58 PM
drewcon40

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post
ASSISTANTS
A.V will have several assistants on board. Torts only wanted 1 guy, Mike Sullivan. Who honestly didnt do a very good job on his main responsibilities... Improve the PP. He only made it worse.

A.V wants NHL experienced assistants. 2 on the bench, 1 goalie and 1 in the suites. Not really uncommon, but different. I think a team like the Rangers who have so much money should have always done this. I know too many voices can be an issue, but it doesnt have to be if there A.V is as good of a coach as many proclaim.

I particularly love the suite coach. Have never heard that really in the NHL (could be wrong). You have guys to assist you during the play but always another view of things. Really like that. A.V looks open to criticism so its good to hear.
I agree Thesensation19. I think the Rangers actually did this with Charlie Huddy in 1999. Not the fondest of memories but Muckler had MacTavish, (I believe Keith Acton) as the bench coaches and Huddy in the suite. I'll have to try and see what The Google can find.