View Single Post
Old
06-21-2013, 03:36 PM
ccarrigan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglous View Post
We play this team again next week. Should be interesting. It's come to the point where I feel the players are going to have to police themselves because these referees are incompetent.
I would contact the league administrator but he plays on the team with the goon and is friends with the refs. I cant believe we are giving these people our money.
Honestly, sometimes the only thing you can do is fight fire with fire. If you're beating them 7 to 3, a couple penalties on this guy wouldn't hurt. Not intent to injure, but intent to teach a lesson. Give him reminders that this stuff isn't tolerated. I hate to do it, I play the cleanest game I can (average 4-10 penalty minutes per season, multiple teams) but my minutes come from sticking up for my teammates.

For example, we were playing a guy who was constantly hooking and tripping from behind, but at off angles from the refs. I saw a couple of our guys go down, and he tried to do it to me. I asked him to watch his stick, he said something derogatory, and he found himself on the ice.