View Single Post
Old
06-21-2013, 03:46 PM
HiEverybody

vCash: 500
This might not be the ideal place to ask this question, but I just joined a rookie league at a local ice rink (2 games into the season), and I've been hacked/bumped quite a bit. I think it's because of the way I back-check, but I'm not completely sure.

I'm a short dude, and my stick is cut pretty short as well, but I'm one of the better skaters in the league. On the back-check, I generally try to catch up to the puck carrier and once I'm even with him (or a half-step behind), I use my top hand to try and sweep across the person's body to knock the puck of their stick. I generally hit the puck, but if the puck is on the other side of the blade, I hit their blade (which leads to a similar result). Is this considered bad hockey etiquette? It's not a vicious 2-hand slash, just enough to make them lose control of the puck and slow the play up a bit. Anyway, after I do this a couple of times, I've noticed people bumping/hacking me when I'm no where near the puck. Just wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong. I've seen posts on here complaining about people hitting their sticks, and was wondering if this is one of those situations.