View Single Post
Old
06-21-2013, 04:07 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
You trade Leddy because Clendenning takes his spot cheaper...you cannot have both him and Clendenning and Keith all in the same lineup because they are smaller PMD dmen...Keith is much better defensively..Clendenning'a probably qb's our Pp...and Leddy has flaws with both those aspects..but he is youngest and so maybe some team values what he might become on anothet couple of years...we cannot wait...especially of his cap cost ruins our keeping Bickell whp is a fat greater priority yo retain...Nesides if Leddy strsigjt up or in a package with a Rockford prospect, can bring us another first rounder in this deep draft it will brong bacl big dovidends...I believe ee have to qualify him at 10% more to rdtain his RFA rights. ..if he accepts that on a three year deal...maybe that is cheap enough sicj that we stillcan dign Bickell. .but if the tally cpmes back $500-600k over budget tostay within what we need to sigm Nickell and leave a bit of cap room then that wil be $500-600K TOO MUCH to inflate Leddy's contract...so he probably is a gonner..I still yhink he is mis-used..he should be moved to forward...he woulf be more effective as an attacking winger.
Clendenning has not played even one game in the NHL and there's no guarantee he's ready to play - in fact, from what i've heard, there's a good chance he isn't.

It would be stupid to trade a good young player and assume that an unproven quantity can take over.