View Single Post
Old
06-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Yep, and that scares me. I know Morin has a lot of the physical tools and has an excellent hockey IQ, but damn, that 5 to 6 year window before he makes an impact is something else. At a minimum, you're looking at a guy who will fulfill his junior eligibility and then at least 2 seasons in the AHL before he's called up to play in the NHL on a regular basis. If that's the case, I'd rather the Flyers draft Nikita Zadorov. The big Russian kid is only an inch shorter than Morin, but he's about 25 pounds heavier and is just as mean.
You and I agree on most things. But I disagree with your timeframe. I gave up years ago trying to predict when a 17 year old matures. This kid was not even on most radars five six months ago. Now he has skyrocked up the charts. So I predict two, three years tops. However if they want someone who could play next year then they very well could go for Ristolainen. I really feel that young man could step right in and play next season. Morin's ceiling is way higher than Zadorov's, way higher.