View Single Post
Old
06-21-2013, 05:04 PM
kelmitchell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Well, we could go pure numbers: in 425 NHL games played, Bryzgalov has a 2.55 GAA, a .913 SV% and 30 shutouts.
  • Stephane Beauregard (90 games; 12 on Flyers) 3.65 / .879 / 2
  • Robert Esche (186 games; 128 on Flyers) 2.75 / .899 / 10
  • Bob Froese (242 games; 144 with Flyers) 3.10 / .889 / 13
  • Jeff Hackett (500 games; 27 with Flyers) 2.90 / .902 / 26
  • Ron Hextall (608 games; 489 with Flyers) 2.97 / .895 / 23
... etc.

But that would be silly, as I think most would trade Bryzgalov in a microsecond for Hextall in his prime.

The worst optically (ie, horrendous beyond the numbers) would be:
  • Michael Leighton
  • Maxime Ouellet (I include him here because of how much of a bust he became)
  • Darren Jensen (bad, bad memories of watching him play in the mid-80s)
  • Tommy Soderstrom (I just wasn't a fan of his style)
  • Froese (see above)
  • Beauregard (ibid)
  • Esche (wasn't ever a fan of his, and he got beaten up by Patrick Lalime!)

Plus, you have goalies playing out their careers like Sean Burke, Vanbiesbrouck, Resch and even Michel Larocque.
Esche and leighton won us playoff series not just 1 if you didn't think hextall was a good goalie you sir are a complete idiot idc if they ban me for saying that esche was a great goalie got screwed over by a horrible situation, hackett yeah idk what the hell we thought with that Burke and van veimsbroki know I spelled that wrong but they played pretty damn decent at times really good bryz has just been God awful none of those guys have let in that many soft goals in their careers!! (Exaggeration of course but still) I'm just frustrated with the fact his cap hit is so high and they know they can get a goalie to play just as bad if not better for about 4.8 million less a year

kelmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote