View Single Post
Old
06-21-2013, 05:24 PM
CodeE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Long post
You can keep telling me how great Martinez & Muzzin are, I've seen both of them play many times before and don't see either of them becoming anything other than serviceable NHL depth defensemen. Sure Muzzin put up good points for a rookie but he's 24 years old (and Martinez is 25), I doubt either of them will develop and improve much more than the players they are right now. If they were 21-22 and looked like that, it would be a different story. Mitchell & Regehr are veteran stay-at-home guys, but all it takes is one blocked shot or body check to put them back on the IR.

I'm not saying the Kings absolutely need to trade for a defenseman, I'm just saying if they do trade Bernier for say Meszaros or Coburn, it would definitely improve the team and remove the sting from Scuderi leaving.

How much do Kings fans think Muzzin & Martinez are going to get on their next contracts, seeing as they're both RFAs? You guys seem to value them very highly, are they $2.5 million players? $3 million? More than that? I don't think it's a coincidence that Voynov was resigned first.