View Single Post
Old
06-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjack13 View Post
It's not gonna happen but Edmonton maybe??
I think it's been mentioned somewhere that Lombardi was scared of trading with some parties because they didn't want him to get flipped back to the west (EDM, CGY, etc.)...so I doubt he deals directly unless the offer is too good to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Why would you run with Reimer and Bernier when Reimer will still more than likely be the starter and Bernier as the back up.
I think a few reasons. Could be a true tandem. Could still lean towards one starter, but Bernier could surpass Reimer at some point, sooner or later. Personally, and I like Reimer, I think Bernier would be the full-blown starter by 2014. Bernier would also be insurance; I'm not saying Reimer is injury-prone, but what if he goes down for a long time? Are you comfortable with Scrivens, or would you rather have more support? Anyway, Toronto's situation allows Bernier to ease into the role rather than being thrust right into the #1 slot with no support, so it's low risk, high potential reward, because if for whatever reason it doesn't work (injury, Reimer becoming God, etc.), you still have another good goalie to sit on.

In other words, as a player, Bernier actually makes more sense in Toronto than most other locations, it's just an assets questions--what's worth giving up?