View Single Post
Old
06-22-2013, 01:37 AM
kr580

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to kr580
Yeah, I wouldn't touch Tron skates with a 10' pole. They will be absolutely horrible. If you have a shop anywhere near you with a variety of skates I would definitely get fitted there for skates. It's a very painful and expensive process if you want to order online and hope skates fit right. Bauer, Easton, Reebok, CCM and Graf are about the only brands you'll want to look at for ice. Check the sticky thread about skate fitting at the top of The Rink.

As for the other gear, it's up to you. They look good enough. Just make sure you're okay with the amount of protection they offer. With elbow pads make sure they have a hard plastic cup and not just the foam padding. With the pants, make sure they have good tailbone and hip protection.

If you can try on the gear and buy it at a local shop I would highly recommend doing so. No two pieces of gear fit the same. Even different models in the same line are completely different at times. You'll save yourself a headache if you can be sure of the fit the first time.

Here's a list of gear one needs for ice, just in case you're missing anything:
Helmet (+ optional Visor/Cage/Mouthgaurd) (Same as inline.)
Shoulder pads
Elbow pads (Same as inline.)
Gloves (Same as inline.)
Jock + Pants or Girdle + Shell
Shin pads (Same as inline.)
Skates
Stick (Same as inline.)

Good luck, have fun.

kr580 is offline   Reply With Quote