View Single Post
Old
06-22-2013, 05:06 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
That was a well-thought out post until the little bit of snwrkiness at the end.

One point:

Gaining the zone is more of an individual talent thing than a strategy. It is why guys like Kovalev were so valuable. When someone can skate like that and carry the puck like that, the other team is forced onto their heels, allowing a player like that to gain the offensive zone. Talented puck carriers are sorely lacking on this team. There are a couple of decent ones, but it is a team weakness.

Again, since you and everyone else saw a strategical weakness, don't you think Torts saw it? It definitely makes a difference whether or not Torts screwed up or the players did becaus we are discussing terminating the coach.

I will try and watch games and use reason going forward so I can keep pace with the more knowledgeable posters.
Gomez for 3rd line center

You laugh, but he's the best I've seen at skating through the neutral zone and gaining the rival defensive zone. Problem with him is that he looks like a deer in the headlights with what to do with the puck once he gets in the offensive zone.

Zuccarello, Nash, and Brassard are the best at gaining the opposing zone. I do think they'll be asked to carry the puck more under AV.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote