View Single Post
Old
06-22-2013, 09:51 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
13 candidates, 4 phones calls, 2 interviews. Wow, Glen Sather really left no stone unturned in this search. What a tireless worker. Something that could be done in about an hour.
Not to make excuses, but this was clearly a rushed process. Wanting a coach by the draft was a smart decision that made the process terrible. Surely they could have gone more indepth, but they didn't really have the time considering their gameplan.

Sather interviewed 4 coaches on the phone? AV, Mess, Ruff, Eakins. Two in person; AV, Messier.

I think there obviously could have been some more potential guys out there that deserved a longer look; Horachek, Robinson, Boucher, a few others. To me, the four that Sather took the time to talk to were the best options for the Franchise. Messier borderline.

Oh well. Like I said, not going to have too much time to conduct a coaching search if you want your guy in place before the draft, and you fire your coach a week after your season ends in the second round of the playoffs.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote