View Single Post
Old
06-22-2013, 10:02 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
I can only think of a few fixes that need to be done.

Gut feeling says one player from the defense will be moved. The question is, will it be Coburn (as part of a bigger deal) or will it be Meszaros (as part of a salary cap cost cutting measure).

A must is getting a new right winger for the third line. I'm willing to give Akeson a shot at the left wing spot with Couturier. A right winger will be needed, so what about going after a guy like Damien Brunner? I can't imagine he's going to break the bank.

As for the fourth line, it's pretty much set with Rinaldo - Laughton - Talbot and Rosehill is the extra forward.

The only other change that I would make is buying out Bryzgalov and then bringing in Tim Thomas. I know that there's questions about Thomas and his political views, but in terms of the locker room, he's an incredibly popular guy who gets along well with his teammates. Guys like David Krejci, Patrice Bergeron, Milan Lucic, Denis Seidenberg, Zdeno Chara and Tukka Rask have mentioned how great Thomas was in the locker room and that's pretty much the leadership group in Boston. Thomas has also said he's willing to come in under a Pro Tryout as well, so he could probably sign for even cheaper than what many believe he might sign for.

So, going forward, you've got a team that would look like:

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Simmonds - Schenn - Read
Akeson - Couturier - Brunner
Rinaldo - Laughton - Talbot
Rosehill

Timonen - Coburn
Streit - Schenn
Grossmann - Gustafsson

Thomas
Mason

It's not a bad lineup. I think you're looking at three solid forward lines and a capable defense (if Coburn ever gets his head straightened on).

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote