View Single Post
Old
06-22-2013, 12:44 PM
frankthefrowner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Didn't take too long for people to start *****ing about Sather hiring AV, just because it is Sather.

AV is a safe hire and ,while I have my doubts about him, he is one of the better options out there.
If Gorton was GM and chose AV people would be saying what a great hire it was.
Pretty much...

AV is fine with me... and to people *****ing about only meeting 2 people in person and 4 on the phone... Do you really think he's looking over applications like he's some office manager. You know who your options are going into something like this, you know who the top guys are. Dallas Eakins got scooped up by Edmonton and that probably narrowed it down further and really unless tippet was suddenly available this was the best option. I think Lindy is a good head coach.. but his last days in Buffalo and the past couple years he just looked tired. hes been doing it forever.

Torts was and is a good head coach but his type of coaching as a life span of maybe 4-5 years befor the players start ignoring him. Its not as though Sather didn't have him here for the longest period of any coac hhe has hired and with a goalie in his prime do you really want to waste half a season figuring out that he lost the room for sure.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote