View Single Post
Old
06-22-2013, 12:54 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
I'd trade both D'Amigo and Ashton for 2nd round picks in a heartbeat.

AT THE VERY BEST they become 3rd liners in the NHL but I doubt that happens or else I think they would have showed more by now like Kulemin who was already with the big club at a similar age (or having success in the KHL/with team Russia) or Frattin who absolutely tore up the NCAA (then was close to a PPG AHL player shortly after).

Prospects who are half a point game players in the AHL aren't anything to worry about losing. What does D'Amigo do that we need with the big club from our bottom 6? Size. Nope. Speed. We got lots of that. Faceoffs. Nope Penalty Killing? Maybe but unless he adds faceoffs. Fighting? Nope. Scoring? His offence is underwhelming in the AHL so it won't be better in the NHL. I doubt he ever succeeds on Carlyle team who likes his fighters in the lineup.

Picks would mean we get to take a chance on hitting an unexpected homerun in the draft which is what we need. Boston turned their franchise around by getting guys like Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand with picks outside the first round. Pittsburgh similar with Letang, Goligoski. Hawks similar with Big Buff, Keith.

Why is everybody opposed to getting a chance at something much better with little risk?
agree 100%

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote