View Single Post
Old
06-22-2013, 12:58 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
And Lindholm has an extra year of development on Lehkonen as he has a late birthday. You bring up size as a negative, I actually see it as a positive. Where Lindholm is just about maxed out physically, Lehkonen has some projection to him. He had a hell of a season as a 17 year old, in a men's league, at 150 pounds. Just imagine what this kid could be like when he physically matures. Look at his face. He's got a baby face still. He's going to naturally mature at some point. Most Finns are late bloomers for whatever reason.

Call me crazy, but I think Lehkonen (if he makes it) at #41 is better value than Lindholm at #11.
I was replying to he comparison insinuating that Lindholm was not 'that' special, and comparing him to Lehkonen as if they were similar numbers they had been putting up... when they are not, and Lindholm has been far more impressive as SHL is as good as the AHL while SM Liiga is inbetween AHL and ECHL level.

Yeh, i like Lehkonen, if he is at 41 he is great value, depending on who else is there.

But Lindholm should be a top 8 pick, ofc I would prefer a D man (Ristolainen or Nurse would be my top 2 realistically, though both may be gone by 11) but I would have no qualms if he fell there and we drafted him.