View Single Post
Old
06-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post
Although it isn't really what I'd like Regier to do, I don't see trading Stafford for Hemsky as a lateral move whatsoever. When healthy, Hemsky is a dangerous offensive threat and a power play wizard. For me, it pretty much boils down to the fact that Stafford sucks and Hemsky does not. I wouldn't have a problem taking on the extra 1.5 mil or so in salary for somebody who can actually score on a consistent basis.

The more I think about it, the more Hemsky becomes a good top 6 stop gap until Armia has proven that he can carry that weight.

Really don't see why many are so quick to write him off. In a full season Hemsky can put up 60-70 points. Who in our current lineup (besides Vanek) is a lock to produce that many points?
It's 2013 now, not 2010. Hemsky has 56 pts in his last 107 NHL games over the last two seasons--lower total pts and ppg than Stafford, so tell me again which one sucks? In others words he's about a 40ish pts/season winger (if he could ever play 82 games, which we know he can't) with a one-way game and his physical game makes Stafford look like Milan Lucic. Hemsky also turns 30 this summer, so he's on the wrong side of his career arc.

Your post is full of factual inaccuracies and is typical grass-is-always-greener mularkey.

Last edited by Zip15: 06-22-2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Math