View Single Post
06-22-2013, 04:08 PM
La Cosa Nostra
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post
Maybe I have a general distaste/agenda when it comes to Stafford. All I'm really saying is I wouldn't be upset if we got Hemsky for him. I don't think Stafford nets a 1st at the draft. Maybe a 2nd, and I see Hemsky as an equivalent return.

I'd rather have Paajarvi though. 7 days a week and twice on Sundays.
Stafford is worth more then a 2nd. Easily. Teams would be jumping for joy if any of their 2nd round picks become even remotely as good as Stafford.

Put it this way, Regier turned down Burmistrov for Stafford. You think Darcy would then just trade Stafford for a 2nd? Drew is a quality hockey player and is the perfect RW2. Puts in 20 goals/50 points a year, is big and strong and can PK. He's only turning 28 in October and is still young. He had one bad year this past one, so what. Nearly every single player on the team sans Vanek and Cody had a bad year for their standards. It doesn't mean that 12-13 negates several seasons of Drews production. The 2 years prior to the lockout shortened one, Drew Stafford scored 51 goals in 142 games. And was a +18 over those 2 seasons with 8 GwG.

I can't stand when people say Stafford sucks or Stafford is worthless. It's just BS and not true. People are just mad that after his 31 goal, 62 game season he reverted back to his 20 goal self. Yeah it's disappointing but last time I checked, 20 goals a season is what only 101 players did in 11-12 and 106 in 10-11. There are only on average a little more then 3 20 goal scorers per team but riiiight, Stafford sucks and is worthless