View Single Post
Old
06-22-2013, 04:50 PM
BananaSquad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Stafford is worth more then a 2nd. Easily. Teams would be jumping for joy if any of their 2nd round picks become even remotely as good as Stafford.

Put it this way, Regier turned down Burmistrov for Stafford. You think Darcy would then just trade Stafford for a 2nd? Drew is a quality hockey player and is the perfect RW2. Puts in 20 goals/50 points a year, is big and strong and can PK. He's only turning 28 in October and is still young. He had one bad year this past one, so what. Nearly every single player on the team sans Vanek and Cody had a bad year for their standards. It doesn't mean that 12-13 negates several seasons of Drews production. The 2 years prior to the lockout shortened one, Drew Stafford scored 51 goals in 142 games. And was a +18 over those 2 seasons with 8 GwG.

I can't stand when people say Stafford sucks or Stafford is worthless. It's just BS and not true. People are just mad that after his 31 goal, 62 game season he reverted back to his 20 goal self. Yeah it's disappointing but last time I checked, 20 goals a season is what only 101 players did in 11-12 and 106 in 10-11. There are only on average a little more then 3 20 goal scorers per team but riiiight, Stafford sucks and is worthless
I agree with everything you said here, and if this team trades Vanek, they will need Stafford in the lineup.