View Single Post
Old
06-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
I don't think that's a foregone conclusion at all. This tandem won the Jennings two years ago, and the Blues traded Bishop (a far more developed/proven player than Binnington or Karpowich) to do it. I'm not sure how much stock they're going to put into one lockout wrecked season's worth of disappointment.

As far as which goalie I would rather keep between Halak and Elliott if forced to choose between them, for me it's Halak and it's not even particularly close. Elliott had one historic season with us, but it's clearly an outlier. Beyond that, Halak's regular season performances (minimum 30 games played) routinely trump Elliott's, and Halak's playoff resume is clearly superior as well.

I'm far from ready to throw Halak under the bus because: 1) He injured/re-injured his groin (an injury notorious for lingering and being slow to heal) during a shortened season. 2) His numbers in the whopping 16 games he played this season were far below his averages.

I think the Blues are in trouble if they're rolling with Elliott/Allen next year.
Halak has not done anything for St. Louis. He won the Jennings 2 years ago because of how well the Blues were playing. Did you forget his start to that season? Jaro has lost his job to Elliott twice and Jake Allen once. He also failed to make an impact his first season with the Blues, missing the playoffs after making it he year before. How well do you think the Blues would have done with Halak's terrible start 2 seasons ago and had Bishop as our backup instead of Elliott's incredible run to bring life back into the team. I could care less about how Elliott and Halak have played for their previous teams, Elliott has done more with his time in STL than Halak has by a mile.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote