View Single Post
Old
06-22-2013, 08:14 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Again, a typical hyperbolic HFboards argument. Desharnais' weakness on defense is due in good part to his physique. He is otherwise responsible and rarely caught out of position, which is what hockey sense is about. Desharnais knows how to play defense, he's just not very effective at it. Its in important distinction considering the argument you are trying to make. The players you named as having ''excellent hockey sense and vision'', Galchenyuk and Subban, truly are excellent but they benefit from great physical gifts and they are more skilled. Desharnais would be a high tier player as well if he were taller and stronger.

And I don't really see the comparison with Ryder, they are very different types of players.

Top20 NHL center in point in his first full season with 60pt and top40 in his second. I don't consider first or second line NHL centers ''sucky''. Its a perfect case of ridiculous management of expectations by fans, at 3.5m he doesn't have to score a point per game to be ''decent''. Expecting 50pt a year is perfectly reasonable, and a 50pt producing NHLer is not ''sucky'' no matter how you put it.

Thanks for proving this thread is legitimate. ''Joke of a hockey player'', give me a break.
DD would be a better player if he were taller.

But he isn't.

Why do you bring it up?

It is not an important distinction.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote