View Single Post
Old
06-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Revelate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post

Again, there are a lot of options and Paajarvi isn't standing out as an option I'd say "yea, that's the one". If it is the one, so be it. I don't hate him or anything, in fact I've rooted for him to succeed. I've just seen nothing from him that indicates he isn't fairly likely to bring a lot of the same negative qualities we lament in Stafford while likely not being any more productive in his career either. Right now I view him as likely to be an inconsistent passenger, possibly one a bit more productive than Drew.
I couldn't disagree more with this. I think it's the opposite. I do agree that he is an inconsistent scorer and hasn't lived up to his potential in that aspect. However, I think he is a valuable player that consistently did good things for the Oilers this season.

This article on why he deserves to be in the Oilers' lineup is a good summary:

Magnus Paajarvi is competing with Smyth, Jones, Eager, Petrell, and Hartikainen for a roster spot. Compared to his roster competitors Paajarvi:
Is superior at shot attempt differential (4th on the team)
Plays superior opponents
Has the most positive influence on the shot attempt differential of his line mates (one of the best on the Oilers actually)
Allows less shots on the PK per minute played (2nd best on the team)
Allows the least amount of shots against on the whole team, let alone his roster competitors.

http://lowetide.ca/blog/2013/03/why-...y-woodguy.html

--

I think the Oilers would be the ones taking the biggest risk in this deal.