Thread: Value of: Hemsky to Ottawa
View Single Post
06-23-2013, 12:10 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Cool story. Just list me the other 41 and I'm totally drinking your Kool-aid
For one, before trading a valuable roster player for the privilege of playing the human band aide Hemsky $5.0 million, I think the Sens should look at better and (very likely) cheaper players who are available in the UFA market to fill the hole, such as:

1. Horton
2. Iginla
3. Clarkson
4. Clowe
5. Ryder
6. MacArthur
7. Filppula
8. Jagr
9. Dupuis
10. Boyes
11. Brunner
12. Latendresse (The Senators aren't going to re-sign him because of injuries and poor production, but he's younger, much cheaper, and has a year of experience on the Senators so I consider him a better option than Hemksy)
13. Raymond (Not a fan personally, but he'll cost a lot less than Hemsky and we won't need to replace Smith with O'Brien)

Honorable Mentions: (Briere, Morrow, PM Bouchard, and Penner)

Next up, I think Ottawa should look to trade for players rumoured to be available that are better than Hemsky, such as:

14. Bobby Ryan (Bit of a pipe dream)
15. Cammalleri
17. Vanek
18. Tanguay

As well, there's also some RFA's that could be traded for (or possibly offersheeted), that are better options than Hemsky for various reasons:

19. Stewart
20. Gagner
21. Wheeler
22. Boedker
23. Korpikoski

Ottawa could also try moving one of their NHL centers to the wing:

24. Turris
25. Zibanejad
26. Pageau

Outside of those options, it also might be a better option to promote an NHL ready prospect, some of whom already have NHL games played:

27. Hoffman
28. Stone
29. Prince
30. Puempel
31. Noesen

Even after all that, there's still the option of acquiring a center and playing them on the wing, but that would add too many options for me to consider.

You're right though, in the end I didn't get to 42.

IranCondraAffair is online now   Reply With Quote