View Single Post
Old
06-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
I think Coburn has a fair bit more value then people around here think. He is a top 4, no matter what certain posters say, and has term left on his contract. There really isn't many top 4 dman with 3 years remaining you can go out and trade for now. I can't think of any to be honest. That's why I think general managers value him much more than hfboards posters. He gives you a solid 20 mins and good pk play while chipping in 20-25 points a year. That I think might warrant a top pick back. Am I valuing Coburn and the term a little too much? Maybe, but it gives a gm flexibility when trading for him.

No to Sam gagner as well. He will be expensive as well. I think someone said he was looking for 5 per year, we don't have the room for that. Even if Coburn is traded for him. I rather get an ELC or top prospect if we can't get their #7.

Also look to Carolina for Coburn possibly. They haven't been quiet about the possibility of moving that pick for a top 4 defender with term. Coburn fits a major need for them.

If we do trade Coburn we would run probably a defense like

Kimmo-schenn
Streit-grossmann
Gus-mez

Or something around that. Also don't forget we could still try to acquire another defender down the line.

Edit: my phone agreed with me it decided to post it twice