View Single Post
Old
06-23-2013, 10:53 AM
yoyo999

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov View Post
As I drove through the garage the door started descending and hit me in the forehead. I collapsed and bled all over the garage. Fortunately a driver was behind me and called an ambulance.
I'm sorry but this is not negligence on behalf of the property owner/manager. You acknowledge the door began descending as you were riding through the opening. Those garage doors don't rush down at the speed of light. If I am standing in an opening and a garage door starts coming down a) it's loud enough that I can hear it b) there is enough time for me to take 2 pedals and get out of the way.

It started coming down as you were peddling up. You made no effort to stop and wait for it to come up again, you rushed through hoping you could 'beat' it before it shut on you. On top you were wearing no helmet so made little effort to protect your head, not only from garage doors, but anything. Very negligent on your part.

The bottom line is to get an money you'll have to prove it was their fault. I don't think it was. It sounds like your just pissed and want to blame someone else for your dumb decision.

Hope you're ok though. Good luck

yoyo999 is offline   Reply With Quote