View Single Post
Old
06-23-2013, 11:34 AM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Mason looked fine playing behind half of the Phantoms defense while facing 40+ shots on most nights. I'm not saying he's the answer but blaming the defense for Bryz struggles is kind of funny. Bryz just isn't a good goalie. He was a product of Phoenix's defensive system. He could get away without being an athletic goalie there, here he couldn't rely on his positioning.

I agree with the Homer part though.
Mason finished with a like .940 sv% down the stretch but Bryz also played well in his final game (when Mason and Bryz were splitting games) he had a like .930 sv%. I'm not saying the defense made Bryz have a sub .900 sv% for the year but they sure didn't help his struggles. The team in general played much much better the final 15 games or so of the season finishing 10-5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I would too if I had to chose. But IMO he isn't worth either of them. A second round picks and a mid round pick is what I would give. Goalies just do not have value, especially when they haven't proven themselves as reliable starters.
Very true but if the rumors of the Wild and Leafs being in on him are true, his value went up, as value is a relative term. With that said I really hope the Flyers play this smart. I don't want to say that I don't want the Flyers to peruse a deal but I feel like whoever gets him will greatly overpay (relative to his value in a vacuum).

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote