Old
06-23-2013, 12:25 PM
NHLAlert
@nhl_alert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
how is it an over payment?

Frattin is a dime-a-dozen bottom 6 forward, Scrivens is a career back-up and the 2nd a question mark

do they actually think that return is better than getting Read?

regardless, I'm glad we never got Bernier

Don't understand why the Leafs made this trade though. Poor Reimer. He got them into the playoffs and 7 games with BOS, now they go out nad make this trade letting him know he isn't good enough in their eyes.
Frattin was really starting to come into his own this season and a second in a deep draft has worth too. I'm not saying that it was a really bad trade or Bernieris going to be a bust, but a lot more than I would have wanted to give up for a goalie who has been playing backup his whole NHL career so far.

Again, in order to get him someone was going to have to put up a decent package but I can't see atleast from a flyers prospective giving up a player like Matt Read would have made sense for a guy like Bernier. Steve Mason who had a few bad seasons but was also a vezina candidate was had for a draft pick. The same goes for bobrovsky. The whole deal was based on potential and personally, that's not good enough for me to put up a good package like Matt Frattin, Scrivens and a 2nd. To each his own though