Thread: Rumor: Wild interested in Fleury
View Single Post
Old
06-23-2013, 02:35 PM
HDZx

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
If positioning is in fact the difference between MAF and TV, then you are blaming the wrong coach.

However, here is why I disagree with your post.
1) An athletic goalie will always have a better chance at stopping a defensive meltdown than a "technique" guy. Look at NYR for example. When the Rangers play great D, Hank is just about unbeatable because of his positioning, technique, etc. It's when their defensive system breaks down that Hank becomes vulnerable. Position guys flourish in a defensive system.

2) If MAF simply couldn't perform due to Bylsma's system, MAF wouldn't be able to be as good as he is in the regular season. The fact that he can perform in the regular season, and not in the playoffs lately, would indicate more of a mental issue with the playoffs, rather than some technique flaw or being in an inappropriate system.

MAF has the tools to play behind any defensive system....he just needs to get his mental game in focus.
MAF I think would be great in Minnesota.. wouldn't be that expensive and Yeo runs a system very close to Pittsburgh's. He used to be the assistant coach for Pittsburgh, as you probably know. I would say the Wild system is comparable, but a bit more defensive.

HDZx is offline   Reply With Quote