View Single Post
Old
06-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Afinogretzky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Myers Offensive game is being severely underrated due to one bad season.Myers is a good offensive defensemen.He puts up a lot of ES points and has one of the shots for a dman in the league.It isn't necessarily hard but Myers is able to always get his shot through and into the net.He needs to shoot more.

Since Myers rookie year, over the last 4 seasons Myers actually has the 4th best shooting % for dmen from 2009-2013.2/3rds of his points have come at ES.If our PP can ever improve then Myers will return to the 45+ point dman we know he can be.

As for trading Myers, anything less then a top 3 pick is not worth the return.This team hasn't had a true franchise #1 dman the whole 16 years Regier has been here and people want to trade the only guy who has the tools and potential to be that guy.He is 23 years old but yet people want to trade him to "rebuild"? There are no dmen in our pipeline that have the overall skillset that Myers has.Myers is an all situation guy that has shown he can put up 40+ points.One season doesn't erase the 3 previous ones.
Yeah. I disagree. He was lights out as rookie. Regressed a little as a sophomore but finished with a great series against Philly. Expected a lot from him in 2012 but was fairly mediocre and injured most of the year. Then last year he was a baby giraffe.

Myers isn't a no #1 dman. Doesn't have the IQ for it. Skates well for a big man, but is there anything else you can say he does well? He's looks horrifically awkward at times, doesn't have a great shot, has to manufacture toughness, isn't great positionally.

I don't care that he's only 23. He's played 4 seasons, and even though Chara took longer to emerge, the only reason we even use that comparison still is because they're both ****ing tall. Other than that, they have nothing in common, as Myers plays more like Brian Rafalski. I'd trade him for a top 15 pick right now. Draft a centerman, and 2 of Ristoleinen/Nurse/Zadorov. I think we'd be better for it.

Afinogretzky is offline   Reply With Quote