Old
06-23-2013, 03:46 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinogretzky View Post
Myers when playing well is a top 4 defenseman. Myers when playing poorly is not an NHL defenseman. How do you know Risto, Nurse, Zadarov, etc won't be top 4 d-men? I've seen reports saying every one of them could be top pairing guys.
Myers not an NHL defenseman? Myers' baseline play is that of a top 4 defenseman.

What I said implied Risto, Nurse, and Zadorov WILL be top 4 defensemen, they're just not more likely than Myers to be more than that. I want this team to draft one of Risto or Zadorov, by the way.

Saying you'd trade Myers for, say, Ristolainen, is one thing (crazy, but whatever). Saying you'd just trade him for a top 15 pick when you could easily not end up with any of those 3 players or a prospect even remotely as good as Myers is just ridiculous, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinogretzky View Post
Who's giving him up for poor value? Is someone here suggesting we dump him a couple of fringe prospects? In my opinion, Myers will always be an underachiever who never quite gets it, so I'd be trying to trade him now before this downsloping trend gets even worse.
You are. Trading him for a top 15 pick is poor value. Myers as an underachiever is better than the return you're talking about, yet if he ceases to be an underachiever...

Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote