View Single Post
Old
06-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Afinogretzky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Myers not an NHL defenseman? Myers' baseline play is that of a top 4 defenseman.

What I said implied Risto, Nurse, and Zadorov WILL be top 4 defensemen, they're just not more likely than Myers to be more than that. I want this team to draft one of Risto or Zadorov, by the way.

Saying you'd trade Myers for, say, Ristolainen, is one thing (crazy, but whatever). Saying you'd just trade him for a top 15 pick when you could easily not end up with any of those 3 players or a prospect even remotely as good as Myers is just ridiculous, sorry.

You are. Trading him for a top 15 pick is poor value. Myers as an underachiever is better than the return you're talking about, yet if he ceases to be an underachiever...
we just disagree. for the majority of last year, it was considered a success if myers wasn't directly responsible for 2 goals allowed each game. everytime he stepped on the ice it gave me flashbacks to watching jillson, paetsch, janik against the hurricanes. my point is that - when he's playing at his worst, it looks like he has no business being in the NHL. i don't see how you, or anyone else who watched every game last year, could possibly disagree with that. at his worst, myers can single handedly give games away - it happened 4 or 5 times this past season.

don't forget how our team defense improved dramatically when myers went down, and was replaced by ruhwedel, pardy, pysyk, and those guys. it was a sobering moment when you realized they were all more reliable than our "future Norris trophy winner."

Afinogretzky is offline   Reply With Quote