View Single Post
Old
01-07-2004, 11:54 AM
Habsaku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Suddenly, I'm not very happy with our prospects for some reason. Don't they all remind you of Andre Savard, the player? Soft, good hands, speed, perimeter players. I hope that is not the case.

I am happy more than ever that Gainey has taken over for that reason alone. We don't have any size other than Hossa on the farm and our defense is full of softies or sluggish "skaters".

Even if we had traded up, we probably would have had to pick a guy like Stewart because of that fact. I was disappointed that we didn't trade up. Combine the fact that a lot of teams seemed interested to move their picks with the abundance of power forward prospects and I just can't understand why we weren't able to do it. Of course, maybe we just didn't have enough to deal.

Hopefully we go BIG next draft. Please? Is it too much to ask to have a team that can kick everyone's ass?

I don't agree at all, we should always take the BPA regardless of size. Savard has enough on his resume, if you don't like the Sens talent, then you must not like winning. If I wanted size I would have prefered Steve Bernier who's at least a pure goalscorer, not just a character guy, he's also a Quebec boy so he's a Habs fan too. Savard is a great drafter and it shows in our farm, before him, we had nothing on both professional teams. I don't think Bob Gainey will have much decision in the draft, if he says half a dozen guys from Hamilton might be ready, then he believes the scouting crew is good.